In about five hours, I’ll be seeing my second Rush show on their R40 Tour. I was at opening night in Tulsa, and it was one of the best concert experiences of my life. I’d give you some details about the amazing set list and fantastic set design, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise for any of you who might be attending a show later on during the tour!
It’s only been ten days since Tulsa, and I’m still just as excited to see the band as I was that night. I’m not even sure how many Rush shows I’ve seen over the years, but it’s definitely in the middle 20’s– in fact, I may have seen Rush more times than any other artist (although Springsteen might be up there as well). To celebrate the guaranteed awesomeness I’ll be experiencing this evening, here’ a great Rush rarity for you: the actual soundtrack to the Exit…Stage Left concert film. The songs differ from the album of the same name– many are different takes, and some (like”Limelight”) do not appear on the LP at all.
It’s time for me to get in the mood, so I just popped open my first pre-show beer. Hope you enjoy Exit…Stage Left!
Rush: Exit…Stage Left [Video Soundtrack]
Polygram Video, 1981
1. “Limelight” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
2. “Tom Sawyer” (Lee/Lifeson/Pearl/Dubois)
3. “The Trees” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
4. “Xanadu” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
5. “Red Barchetta” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
6. “Freewill” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
7. “Closer To The Heart” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
9. “Medley: By-Tor And The Snow Dog/In The End/In The Mood/2112 Grand Finale” (Lee/Lifeson/Peart)
10. “YYZ” [Abridged] (Lee/Peart)
The first rule of The Analog Kid blog is that if you write about a song on the Analog Kid blog, you share the song on the Analog Kid blog.
Rush: “In The Mood” (Geddy Lee)
From the album Rush
Moon Records, 1974